PREACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Renton Church of Christ is a cross cultural, diverse congregation of 80-100 souls attending. We are seeking an experienced Preacher who is knowledgeable in scripture and eager to evangelize the word to a solid congregation. With the oversight of the elders, the Preacher will work and support the vision and mission of the Renton Church.
- Passionate about helping the congregation live and grow as disciples and leading others to Christ.
- Fervent faith in God, a strong commitment to the Lordship of Christ, the leading of the Spirit, and the authority of the scripture.
- Ability to use the MS Office Suite.
RESPONSIBILITIES (open to part time or flexible work arrangements):
- Preaching / Teaching
- Prepare and deliver scriptural sermons Sundays.
- Teach adult classes Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Propose and develop adult class curriculum and other study materials and tools under the supervision of the elders.
- Discipleship / Evangelism and Community Outreach
- Model and train/equip members to be actively discipling others.
- Participate in congregational events and small group programs.
- Engage membership in activities that involve the community and provide outreach opportunities with an evangelistic focus.
- Actively participate in meetings with the elders, deacons, and committee members to facilitate effective communication and coordination of objectives.
- Prepare lesson outline for bulletin and social media content preferred.
- Maintain reasonable office hours as agreed upon with elders.
- Coordinate with elders for scheduled absences and availability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 + years experience in ministry.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from a university preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to Renton Church of Christ at email@example.com